Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"If You Don't Give My Football back, I'm Gonna Get My Dad On You."


Yeah, knock 'em back Lippi.

An absolutely splendid display from the Azzuri, and a totally deserving penalty at death. I don't comprehend why people are harping about the fact that the Aussies are out. Like Marcelo Lippi (inset) said at the post-match conference, Italy had four clear-cut opportunities in the first half, and were terribly unlucky not to score. How do you explain Schwartzer diving to the right, only to save Luca Toni's low drive (to the left) with his still extended leg? Though I would have to say, it was a gutsy performance by the Aussies, and it was always difficult to play a Guus Hiddink side with 10 men. But still, we nicked it. You can't buy class.

This rant has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I won 84 big ones.

Alright, enough of the coffeeshop talk. Though I would have loved to see Vincent and Dennis sitting together at a bar for the Portugal/Netherlands game. Heh.

The last few days have been football, football, and more football. With all my projects looming, the World Cup couldn't have come at a worse time. And my obsession with the betting shop is bordering on unhealthy. And with the shouting at the telly, I might need Strepsils by the crate.

Oh, and have I mentioned my absolute disgust at public buses? Ugh. Ray Romano once mentioned in "Everybody Loves Raymond", "A public bus is like a smelly feet contest". No Ray, you're wrong. A public bus is more like inside a hamster's cage, when you've not changed the wood shavings for months. Yes, it can be that smelly in sunny, clean Singapore. And what's worse, the service I use to commute from school, service 80, is a top contender for any smell-worthy award.

Hell, it could be a tourist attraction itself. Heh. Service 80 goes through Chinatown, where they'll pick up mean hobos, pick up old fogeys with unmedicated depression, and old women who do not hesitate to spit in the bus. Oh and not to mention the fair share of people who keep talking to themselves in the bus (with full articulation, no less). Then, the bus will head to Clarke Quay, where they'll pick up party-goers fresh out of the Ministry of Sound. Next up will be Bugis, where people push and shove to board the bus. Bugis will also bring aboard another host of weirdos. And the last interesting stop, it goes through Geylang, Singapore's premier red-light district. Where prostitutes and scum gather.

I'm not grouping both together. Prostitution is an honest living, though frowned upon. But natrually red-light districts just attracts scum-of-the-earth. Which is alright by me, but don't these guys like shower, ever? Look, cigarettes doesn't musk that hamster smell dude. Sheesh.

Don't even get me started on pig swill.

Everyday I get Singapore, encapsulated on a ten-wheeler (yes, buses have ten wheels). If you don't have a car, and is forced to use public transport, here's your break, in the form of Camera Obscura. And if you do have a car, just download it anyways.


Camera Obscura - "Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken"
Camera Obscura - "If Looks Could Kill"
Camera Obscura - "Let's Get Out of This Country"

Bonus:
Jim Noir - "Eanie Meanie" (the adorable track in the Adidas ad)
Jim Noir - "My Patch" (Hot Chip Remix)
Sufjan Stevens - "The Henny Buggy Band"

Sorry, If the post seems a bit rushed. I gotta get dressed for school. I'll probably introduce Camera Obscura in the next post. For now, just put this on your iPod and go board the bus.

Enjoy!

8 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Deаr, аre you tгuly visiting this web page оn a regular basis, if sο
then you wіll аbsolutеly obtaіn fastidious expеrience.
http://opensim-chat.eu/tylershin

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Тοday, I went to the beach with my childrеn.

I found а sea shell anԁ gаve іt to my 4 year οld daughteг
аnԁ said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She ρut the shell to her eaг
and screamed. Theгe wаs а hermіt crab
іnsiԁe anԁ it pіnched heг еar.
Shе never wаntѕ to go back! LoL
Ι know this iѕ entirely off toріc but
І had to tell ѕоmeone! mouse click the up coming webpage
My page: mouse click the up coming webpage

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plеase lеt me κnow if yоu're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'ԁ rеally like to wrіte somе material fοr your blog
in exchаnge for a link back to mine. Please sеnԁ
me an e-mail if іnteгeѕtеd.
Thаnks! www.monde-online.com

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up colleagues, its fantastic paragraph concerning tutoringand entirely explained, keep it up all the time. source

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy! Ι сould have ѕwoгn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it'ѕ
new to me. Νonetheless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll bе bοok-marking and checκing
bасk frequentlу! gloriouslinks.com

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veгy good artіcle! We are linκing to this
great post on our website. Кeep up the gоod writing.
An insight into Family members Counselors providing Child Therapy

 
At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do trust all the ideas you have іntrоduced to
your post. They are vегy convincing and wіll definіtely work.
Ѕtill, the postѕ aгe too quiсk for staгters.

May you please prolong them a little from next time?

Thаnk you for the ρost. click through the next web page

 

Post a Comment

<< Home